Wednesday, October 02, 2019

Vampires

A game of chess, a piece unseen
moves in the black squares, takes your queen.
You asked for this, you wanted more.
You prayed for me, unlocked your door
and set the pieces on the board
then fell asleep and, as you snored,
I found you there and played your game.
I took my time. I spoke your name.

My teeth were bared. Your lips were sealed.
Your world was cancelled, mine revealed
and so I won your game of chess
and brought you into lesser death.
Ah, beauty, we have endless time
to love, to match your bite with mine.

And now, a coffin, us within.
I’ve had a thousand nails banged in
and, ever more, I’ll drink you dry
and you’ll drink me. We’ll petrify
eternally, but never die.
Two statues sleeping, eye to eye.

Perhaps one day we’ll be reborn.
You’ll be a queen and I, your pawn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home