Monday, May 03, 2021

Shades

 You once said love can come in many shades

and just a few shades you have shown to me

but now at last our dappled rainbow fades.


You’re sick of all my selfish escapades.

I’ve loved you monochromatically

though you said love should come in many shades.


While mine’s been blacker than the ace of spades,

your love’s been bluer than the bluest sea

and now at last our dappled rainbow fades


As you erect some brand new barricades,

I softly shut the door and turn the key.

You once said love can come in many shades


and as I wrote these ludicrous ballades

new colours have revealed themselves to me

but now, at last, that dappled rainbow fades.


I hope you understand these accolades;

I think in some way you have rescued me.

You’re right our love has come in many shades.

For now, at least, that dappled rainbow fades.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home