Sunday, January 09, 2022

Where I Find You

In the full stops of a stolen library book
In the ballet of a bloody boxing match
In the fish that wriggled off my careless hook
In the pistol with a broken safety catch.

In the tombstone names of endless nameless dead
In the small hours when I’m feeling all alone
In my heart and in my balls and in my head
In the Unknown Caller on my ringing phone

In each flower whose real name I do not know
In the joggers who run past before I wake
In the owl, the buzzard, dove and goose and crow
In the signpost on the path I do not take.

In the deep sea where the haunted dead reside
In the eyes of lost boys sleeping in the snow
In the silence left behind when love has died
In the places where I know I’ll never go.

You’re hiding just behind each leafless tree
You’re shadowed at the back of every cave
You’re the hidden hand that writes my poetry,
the moon which galvanises every wave.

You’re the pulsing, primal singularity
that’s revealed a whole new universe to me.
I’m not asking you to love me or to care.
I just wanted you to know you’re everywhere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home