Monday, January 16, 2006

Card Tricks

Card Tricks

I bumped into Tom Simpson yesterday with whom I spent
several unhappy years at St Patrick's School For Boys
You could say, although we never did,
we were best friends.
Anyway, we chatted about his life, his two kids, wife,
Audi TT and then when he asked about mine I said
'Actually I have to go'
He handed me a business card and said 'Let's talk again'.
I couldn't think of anything to say and although I had no reason
to excuse myself I whispered 'I'm sorry'.

I didn't have a business card so I tore the pocket off the front of
my shirt, handed it to Tom Simpson and ran away.
A little later I burned Tom's card.

You don't think he could track me down from a shirt pocket
do you?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i did not like it

7:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home