Thursday, December 21, 2006

Destiny

You didn't see those falling logs
as the lorry bounced on the
corner of the curve.
Somehow the bump
threw them up
like grasshoppers.

I remember thinking about
something you'd said when we were
growing up
'Some people are born to
be killed in accidents', you had said
laughing
and then you fingered me
as a prime candidate.

I remembered also when we
were f---ing about on that frozen pond
and I knocked out three
of my brand new teeth.
You laughed.
'Better get used to it, Bro,
It's just a taster'.

Yeah, and now those logs
poised in the air
grasshoppers no more
sudden and fatal
and I thought I'd had it
but then everything
I thought I knew about gravity
went wrong
and the logs hit you instead.

I'm gonna miss you, Bro, but
I guess
you realised your destiny.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"destiny" is a very good way to look at it i guss.

3:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ever feel like we lived this life before?

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home