Tuesday, May 11, 2021

The Smile

walking down the street earlier today

I almost exploded

I heard music for the first time

the first drumbeats

first rising synth chords

first guitarist with a grin on his face

first sunshine first spring

first birds playing hopscotch

around a spilled burger

first man on a scooter

weaving like a sailboat

up my first Piccadilly

first time I put

one foot in front of another

first time caught in the catapult of time

first time riding the vast planet

hanging on only with my feet

through the first firework display

of a new Milky Way

as I hear Like a Rolling Stone

again for the first time


reset the seasons

reboot the sun

forget all the history

let’s start at year one


it’s the first time

you’ve smiled

at me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home