Tuesday, December 07, 2021

Thunderstorms

“My soul is split in pieces”, she said,
overturning our unfinished game of chess.
“You could kill me with a shout
at the water’s edge. You could
kill me with a clematis flower.
It is called The Queen of Climbers”.

Her hands rested on well-toned thighs.
“It’s thunderstorm weather”,
she said absently.

I told her I loved her.

“Love is an occult power
that should be exercised responsibly.
You wield it like a billyclub”.

We drifted noiselessly just then,
two corks on the ocean,
each in our own scoop
of sunlight.
“Perhaps we’ll meet again”,
I called.

“Let’s meet at the horizon”.

And so, with the winds gathering
and miles of dark water
beneath my feet,
full of her
and full of the occult magic
of thunderstorms and love,
I began to swim
and I began to sing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home